As we are transparent about what we do with your personal data, this policy is to help you to understand the implications of the way in which we use your data and the rights you are entitled to in relation to your data.
This Privacy Statement applies to all Mersaco online or digital services activities
When we speak about our Platform, we refer, in general, to any of the channels or means you may have used to interact with us.
The main ones are:
- Our Platform.
- Our App, this is, including both the application you installed on your device and others we may use in our Platform.
- Our social Media official accounts
The privacy of our Platform visitors is very important to us, and we are committed to safeguarding it.
2. What Data do we collect:
The following types of personal information may be collected, stored, and used:
- Information about your computer including your IP address, geographical location, browser type and version, and operating system.
- Information about your visits to and use of this Platform including the referral source, length of visit, page views, and Platform navigation paths.
- Information, such as your email address, that you enter when you register with our Platform.
- Information that you enter when you create a profile on our Platform—for example, your name, profile pictures, gender, birthday, relationship status, interests and hobbies, educational details, and employment details.
- Information, such as your name and email address, that you enter in order to set up subscriptions to our emails and/or newsletters.
- Information that you enter while using the services on our Platform.
- Information that is generated while using our Platform, including when, how often, and under what circumstances you use it.
- Information relating to anything you purchase, services you use, or transactions you make through our Platform, which includes your name, address, telephone number, email address, and credit card details.
- Information that you post to our Platform with the intention of publishing it on the internet, which includes your username, profile pictures, and the content of your posts.
- Information contained in any communications that you send to us by email or through our Platform, including its communication content and metadata.
- Any other personal information that you send to us.
3. How do we collect your Data:
We collect this information directly from you when you provide it to us or automatically as you navigate through our platforms.
4. Why do we process your personal Data
Personal information submitted to us through our Platform will be used for the purposes specified in this policy or on the relevant pages of the Platform. We may use your personal information for the following:
- Administering our Platform and business.
- Personalizing our Platform for you.
- Enabling your use of the services available on our Platform.
- To provide you access to online services, application and platforms; manage your online accounts.
- Identify usage trends and develop new products and services; understand how you and your device interacts with our services; track and respond to safety concerns; determine the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns, conduct surveys.
- Respond to your requests or inquiries; provide support for products and services; provide you with important information, administrative information, required notices, and promotional materials; send you news and information about our products, our services, our brands, our operations; organize and manage professional events and congresses, including your participation to such events.
5. How do we store your Data
- We will take reasonable technical and organizational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse, or alteration of your personal information.
- We will store all the personal information you provide on our secure (password- and firewall-protected) servers.
- All electronic financial transactions entered into through our platform will be protected by encryption technology.
- You acknowledge that the transmission of information over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.
- You are responsible for keeping the password you use for accessing our platform confidential; we will not ask you for your password (except when you log in to our platform).
6. What are your Data protection rights
The right to access: You have the right to request our Company for copies of your personnel data
The right to rectification: You have the right to request that our company correct any information you believe is inaccurate or incomplete.
The right to erase: You have the right to request that our company erase you personal data, under certain condition
The right to restrict processing: You have the right to request that our company restrict the processing of your personnel; data under certain condition.
The right to data portability: You have the right to request that our company transfer the data that we collect to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
If you make a request, we will ask you to provide us with the appropriate evidence to confirm your identity.
7. Reliance on Information
Our platform are intended to provide general information only and, as such, should not be considered as a substitute for advice covering any specific situation. You should seek appropriate advice before taking or refraining from taking any action in reliance on any information contained in the platform. THE PLATFORM IS IN NO WAY TO BE CONSIDERED OR USED AS A REPLACEMENT FOR PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE FROM YOUR PHYSICIAN OR PHARMACIST
a. The names of the cookies that we use on our platform, and the purposes for which they are used, are set out below:
Cookie purpose description: Registers a unique ID that is used to generate statistical data on how the visitor uses the website.
1 minute till 10 minute
This cookie name is associated with Google Universal Analytics according to documentation it is used to throttle the request rate - limiting the collection of data on high traffic sites.
Cookie purpose description: Registers a unique ID that is used to generate statistical data on how the visitor uses the website
At the end of a session
Used to send data to Google Analytics about the visitor's device and behavior. Tracks the visitor across devices and marketing channels
*persistent: stored by a web browser and will remain valid until its set expiry date unless deleted by the user before the expiry date
**By session: will expire at the end of the user session, when the web browser is closed
b. Most browsers allow you to refuse to accept cookies—for example:
- In Internet Explorer (version 10) you can block cookies using the cookie handling override settings available by clicking “Tools,” “Internet Options,” “Privacy,” and then “Advanced”;
- In Firefox (version 24) you can block all cookies by clicking “Tools,” “Options,” “Privacy,” selecting “Use custom settings for history” from the drop-down menu, and unticking “Accept cookies from sites”; and
- n Chrome (version 29), you can block all cookies by accessing the “Customize and control” menu, and clicking “Settings,” “Show advanced settings,” and “Content settings,” and then selecting “Block sites from setting any data” under the “Cookies” heading.Blocking all cookies will have a negative impact upon the usability of many platforms. If you block cookies, you will not be able to use all the features on our platform.
c. You can delete cookies already stored on your computer—for example:
a.in Internet Explorer (version 10), you must manually delete cookie files (you can find instructions for doing so at http://support.microsoft.com/kb/278835 );
b.in Firefox (version 24), you can delete cookies by clicking “Tools,” “Options,” and “Privacy”, then selecting “Use custom settings for history”, clicking “Show Cookies,” and then clicking “Remove All Cookies”; and
c.in Chrome (version 29), you can delete all cookies by accessing the “Customize and control” menu, and clicking “Settings,” “Show advanced settings,” and “Clear browsing data,” and then selecting “Delete cookies and other site and plug-in data” before clicking “Clear browsing data.”
d. Deleting cookies will have a negative impact on the usability of many platforms.
9. Transfer of Data
If we process your personal information, your personal information may be transferred to and stored outside the country where you are located. This includes countries outside the European Economic Area (EEA) and countries that do not have laws that provide specific protection for personal information.
10. Third party platforms
11. About children Personal Data
Our Platforms are not intended for children under 13 years of age. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13 through our Platform. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on this Platform.
We may update this policy from time to time by publishing a new version on our website. You should check this page occasionally to ensure you understand any changes to this policy. The amended Privacy Statement supersedes all previous versions.
13. How to contact us
T:+961 1 396 000